Bible Study Syllabus (Revelation)
This is the syllabus the Bible study used while studying Revelation, in the winter/spring of 2009. The commentary used was Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza's Revelation: Vision of a Just World.
- Revelation 1:1-8
- ESF's commentary pp. 39-45 and Introduction pp. 1-5.
- Revelation 1:9-3:22
- ESF's commentary pp. 45-57 and Reading Strategies pp. 5-15.
- St Augustine from City of God
- Eusebius from Church History
Revelation 4 & 5
- Revelation 4 & 5
- ESF's commentary pp. 57-62 and Reading Strategies pp. 15-20.
- Mazie Nakhro "The Meaning of Worship According to the Book of Revelation"
Revelation 6 & 7
- Revelation 6-8:1
- ESF's commentary pp. 62-69 and Rhetorical Analysis pp. 20-26.